Most of Greenville County is located at the foothills of majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, allowing residents to enjoy the many outdoor activities the area has to offer. Those looking for the ultimate in mountain living, however, should look into owning a property in the community of Blue Ridge, located right on them mountain.
The Blue Ridge Mountains are part of the Appalachian Mountain Range, and extends from Georgia in the south to Pennsylvania in the north. It encompasses South Carolina, and serves as backdrop for Upstate towns and cities like Greenville,Travelers Rest, Greer and others.
The Blue Ridge Mountains make up only around 2% of the land area in South Carolina but accounts for a large part of Upstate residents’ leisure and recreation options.
The Blue Ridge community is located to the north of Greer and Greenville, and extends nearly to the Landrum community along the North Carolina border.
It is an idyllic, rural community that offers the perfect getaway from the city,while remaining conveniently close to it and its urban amenities.
Living in Blue Ridge
Blue Ridge features several subdivisions but many homes here are located outside of these subdivisions.
Blue Ridge has no downtown area, but the community’s subdivisions may have retail and dining strips. Residents who are looking for more options can easily travel to nearby cities like Greenville and Greer.
The community is dotted with farms, so it’s not unusual to see cows, horses,alpacas and other farm animals in the area.
Blue Ridge’s biggest attractions are the peace and quiet you can only get from a largely undeveloped area, as well as the multitude of opportunities for outdoor activities. If you love outdoor living then Blue Ridge is the perfect place for you. Hiking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, and fishing are just some of the many things you can do in the area.
Real Estate in Blue Ridge
Blue Ridge encompasses parts of Greer, Travelers Rest, Taylors and Landrum, and features a number of subdivisions scattered throughout the area. Many of the properties in Blue Ridge, however, are found outside these subdivisions,generally with large land areas.
Blue Ridge homes are mostly single-family properties and are highly sought-after for their amazing views, tranquility and outdoorsy lifestyle. Some of the most popular neighborhoods in the area are:
- The Cliffs at Mountain Park – a 5,000 acre gated community developed around a Gary Player Signature Golf Course
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee – features a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, a marina and village center, clubhouse, and other amenities.
- Blue Ridge Plantation – a lakeside community on Lake Robinsons
- The Sanctuary of Greenville – a gated community featuring custom homes
- Properties outside these subdivisions include farmhouses sitting on large land areas, aswell as expansive lots.
Amenities and Attractions
Here are some of the attractions and facilities you can find in Blue Ridge:
- Cherokee Foothills National Scenic Highway – this traces the path of a Cherokee trail,covering 100 miles
- The Blue Ridge Escarpment – a section of the Blue Ridge Mountains with more than 50 waterfalls
- Devil’s Fork State Park – features camping, hiking, and picnicking facilities, as well as mountain villas
- Keowee-Toxaway State Natural Area – 1,000-acre park with rock outcroppings, picnic areas, lake fishing and hiking trails
The Blue Ridge Highlander – resort community in the North Carolina territory